October is here! Leaves fall from the trees, days are shorter and slightly colder, and we are preparing for Halloween because spooky season is here!
I love this time of the year. Especially, I love cozying up under a blanket on the couch with a good read, preferably a bit scary and with witches, so here are some of my favorite read of the season:
– Sangu Mandanna: The Very Secret Society of Irregular Witches: a witch is called to teach magic to three young witches and it’s welcomed in the most bizarre and loving family
– Erin Sterling: The Ex Hex: a young witch drunkenly curses her boyfriend after he breaks her heart. When he returns nine years later, she discovers that the curse is more real and complicated than she thought.
– Simone St. James: The Book of Cold Cases: a true crime blogger has the chance to discover the truth about a 1970s serial killer called Lady Killer
– Sally Thorne: Angelika Frankenstein Makes Her Match: this is the most bizarre and entertaining novel I read this year, featuring the classic of literature Victor Frankenstein and his smart sister in search of love
If you prefer to return to the classics, then you need to read:
– Mary Shelley: Frankenstein, or the modern Prometheus
– Bram Stoker: Dracula
– Robert Louis Stevenson: The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr Hyde